Embracing Who You Are As Well As Communicating Boundaries w/ Therapist Hazel Walker•
Posted on June 09 2021
This week on the Brown Girl Self-Care Podcast I had the opportunity to connect with Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Hazel Walker, Founder of It's APARENTly Time.
With over nine years of experience, Hazel has learned the importance of offering therapy for parents and couples in a judgment free zone of support built on three principles: Empowerment, Self-Love, and Growth. She strongly believes that we have the tools we need to overcome parenting obstacles and uses her therapeutic skills to address the impact of depression, low self-esteem, trauma and other challenges we experience in our community.
In this episode we discuss:
- Figuring out who you are outside of the roles of "mother" or "employee"
- Growing and evolving in our relationships
- Setting healthy boundaries when it's hard to do so
- How your success is contingent upon building a support system
- How to start your healing journey if you can't start therapy yet
Connect with and support Hazel Walker here:
- Postpartum Support International
- ** The Self-Love Workbook: A Life-Changing Guide to Boost Self-Esteem, Recognize Your Worth and Find Genuine Happiness
Support Our Sponsors:
** As an Amazon Affiliate, Brown Girl Self-Care earns a small commission on your purchase. This commission allows us to continue creating content specifically for Black women.
Liberating Our Bodi...
Listen to this weeks episode Hey, Sistren! Press "play" and join me as I connect with the brilliant Clinical Dietician and Author, Jessica Wilson,...Read More
12 Ways That Black ...
Listen to this weeks episode Heeeey! In this week's episode, I shared my thoughts on the tough subject - the importance of showing up for ourselve...Read More
Do You Ask Yourself...
Listen to this weeks episode In this episode of the podcast let’s explore the importance of asking ourselves "why" when making decisions or reacti...Read More