Embracing Who You Are As Well As Communicating Boundaries w/ Therapist Hazel Walker•
Posted on June 09 2021
This week on the Brown Girl Self-Care Podcast I had the opportunity to connect with Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Hazel Walker, Founder of It's APARENTly Time.
With over nine years of experience, Hazel has learned the importance of offering therapy for parents and couples in a judgment free zone of support built on three principles: Empowerment, Self-Love, and Growth. She strongly believes that we have the tools we need to overcome parenting obstacles and uses her therapeutic skills to address the impact of depression, low self-esteem, trauma and other challenges we experience in our community.
In this episode we discuss:
- Figuring out who you are outside of the roles of "mother" or "employee"
- Growing and evolving in our relationships
- Setting healthy boundaries when it's hard to do so
- How your success is contingent upon building a support system
- How to start your healing journey if you can't start therapy yet
Connect with and support Hazel Walker here:
- Postpartum Support International
- ** The Self-Love Workbook: A Life-Changing Guide to Boost Self-Esteem, Recognize Your Worth and Find Genuine Happiness
Support Our Sponsors:
** As an Amazon Affiliate, Brown Girl Self-Care earns a small commission on your purchase. This commission allows us to continue creating content specifically for Black women.
The Tea On Vanlife ...
Ever wondered if the nomad life was for you? My special guest, Crystal Vanner of Nomad4less.com is here to drop some gems about her experiences as...Read More
*Podcast Episode* H...
Hey Sistren! This week on the Brown Girl Self-Care Podcast I'm riding solo to share some thoughts on how not believing in yourself can kill your v...Read More
Embracing Who You A...
Hey Sistren! This week on the Brown Girl Self-Care Podcast I had the opportunity to connect with Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Hazel Walke...Read More